[tc][release] Networking-midonet current status and Wallaby release

Slawek Kaplonski skaplons at redhat.com
Mon Mar 29 08:31:45 UTC 2021

Hi,

We have opened release patch for networking-midonet [1] but our concern about
that project is that its gate is completly broken since some time thus we
don't really know if the project is still working and valid to be released.
In Wallaby cycle Neutron for example finished transition to the engine facade,
and patch to adjust that in networking-midonet is still opened [2] (and red as
there were some unrelated issues with most of the jobs there).

In the past we had discussion about networking-midonet project and it's status
as the official Neutron stadium project. Then some new folks stepped in to
maintain it but now it seems a bit like (again) it lacks of maintainers.
I know that it is very late in the cycle now so my question to the TC and
release teams is: should we release stable/wallaby with its current state,
even if it's broken or should we maybe don't release it at all until its gate
will be up and running?

[1] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/781713
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/networking-midonet/+/770797

--