Ospurge or "project purge" - What's the right approach to cleanup projects prior to deletion

Christian Rohmann christian.rohmann at inovex.de
Mon Mar 29 06:54:28 UTC 2021

Hello Artem, all,

On 10/03/2021 15:21, Christian Rohmann wrote:
> Hey Artem,
>
> On 09/03/2021 14:23, Artem Goncharov wrote:
>> This is just a tiny subset of OpenStack resources with no possible
>> flexibility vs native implementation in SDK/CLI
>
> I totally agree. I was just saying that by not having a cleanup
> approach provided by OpenStack there will just be more and more tools
> popping up,
> each solving the same issue ... and never being tested and updated
> along with OpenStack releases and new project / resources being added.
>
> So thanks again for your work on
> https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/python-openstackclient/+/734485 !

With your change now merged I believe there should be a list of missing
features / projects not yet integrated. Maybe even a blueprint (for
others) to pick up an and to continue the path to provide a full
solution for project cleanup.
Something apparently not on this list yet is object storage, so Swift /
RADOS GW (S3), ..

Swift documents something called the account reaper
(https://docs.openstack.org/swift/victoria/overview_reaper.html), but I
don't know how that fits into the picture.
As for S3 powered by i.e. RADOS GW I don't know if there are any
standard-tools yet.

Regards and thanks again for cleaning up the trash ;-)

Christian