[glance] [ops] Glance deployed on 2 nodes with rbd. Do I need a shared filesystem for the reserved stores ?

Abhishek Kekane akekane at redhat.com
Fri Mar 26 06:05:51 UTC 2021

Hi Massimo,

If you are planning to use glance-direct import method then you need to
configure os_glance_staging_store using a shared filesystem. If you plan to
use only web-download and copy-image import methods then you don't need a
shared filesystem for os_glance_staging_store.

If glance-direct needs to be used then the below path needs to be on a
shared file system.
[os_glance_staging_store]
filesystem_store_datadir = /path/to/staging/store

If only web-download and copy-image import methods will be used then still
you need to set the above section in glance-api.conf but no need for a
shared filesystem in this case.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Abhishek Kekane