[glance] [ops] Glance deployed on 2 nodes with rbd. Do I need a shared filesystem for the reserved stores ?

Massimo Sgaravatto massimo.sgaravatto at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 05:55:21 UTC 2021

We are using OpenStack Train but we plan to migrate soon to something newer

The glance-api service is deployed on 2 nodes.

We used to have 2 backends for glance (file and rbd) but now we want to use
only ceph. So I guess the configuration for the stores can be simply
something like this [*]

Reading:
https://docs.openstack.org/glance/train/admin/multistores.html

is not too clear to me if I have to configure somewhere
filesystem_store_datadir.
In particular do I have to configure the  [os_glance_tasks_store] and
[os_glance_staging_store] reserved stores ?
If so, do I still need shared (between the 2 glance-api nodes )filesystems
for them ?

Thanks, Massimo

[*]

[DEFAULT]
enabled_backends = rbd:rbd

[glance_store]
default_backend = rbd

[rbd]
store_description = Ceph in replica 3
rbd_store_pool = glance-cloudtest
rbd_store_user = glance-cloudtest
rbd_store_ceph_conf = /etc/ceph/ceph.conf
rbd_store_chunk_size = 8