[cinder] need core reviewers for small driver fix

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 22:03:54 UTC 2021

On 3/25/21 2:45 PM, Belogrudov, Vladislav wrote:
> Dear core reviewers,
>
> I would like to ask for help in reviewing a small bug fix in Cinder
> driver for Dell EMC PowerStore. It’s just 2 chars, the driver wrongly
> used “eq” operator in PostgREST request instead of “cs” for finding a
> value in an array. The fix is under review  [1]. Official API guide for
> PowerStore [2] says that ip_pool_address endpoint returns address
> instances with array of purposes, where the driver searches for iSCSI
> purpose. If there are more purposes configured for an iSCSI target
> address, the driver fails to operate. It would be great if the fix could
> go to Wallaby.

RC-1 and the stable/wallaby branch are being cut as you read this, but
this sounds like a release-critical bug in that it can render the driver
inoperable given a not uncommon backend configuration, so there is time
to get it into the next release candidate and hence wallaby.

I suggest adding a unit test to guard against a regression caused by
someone coming along and "fixing" your change.

Please add your review to the etherpad where we're tracking these:

https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/cinder-wallaby-release-critical-bug-nominations