[kolla] does someone uses AArch64 images?

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Mar 23 13:36:44 UTC 2021

On 3/23/21 12:43 PM, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> AArch64 support in Kolla(-Ansible) project is present since Ocata
> (iirc). For most of that time we supported all three distributions:
> CentOS, Debian and Ubuntu.
>

> # Distribution coverage
>
> CentOS has binary (with packages from RDO project) and source images. We
> supported version 7, 8 and now we are using CentOS Stream 8 in Wallaby.
>
> Debian is source only as there never was any source of up-to-date
> OpenStack packages (Debian OpenStack team builds only x86-64 packages
> and they do it after release).
>
> Ubuntu has both binary (packages from UCA) and source images.
>

> # My interest
>
> I take care of Debian/source ones as we use them at Linaro in our
> developer cloud setups. It often means backporting of fixes when we
> upgrade from one previous release to something newer.

Getting binary support is just a mater of rebuilding packages for arm64.
I once did that for you setting-up a Jenkins machine just for
rebuilding. It's really a shame that you guys aren't following that
road. You'd have all of my support if you did. I personally don't have
access to the necessary hardware for it, and wont use the arm64 repos...

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)