[all] Help on Improving Software Documentation Through Code Reviews

Felipe Ebert felipe.ebert at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 12:19:25 UTC 2021

Dear members of OpenStack,

We are an international team of researchers, from the University of Bari -
Italy, Federal University of Pernambuco - Brazil, University of Adelaide -
Australia, and Eindhoven University of Technology - the Netherlands. The
goal of our research is to improve software documentation and
maintainability of open-source projects by providing automatic support of
source code comments based on code review discussions. We would like to
learn identifying relevant information from code review discussions such
that tooling can be developed to improve software documentation and
maintainability of open-source projects. Therefore, we would like to talk
to open-source developers and interview them.

If you are interested in talking about your experiences as an open-source
reviewer then please schedule a meeting with us using YouCanBook.me here: [
https://tue-interview.youcanbook.me]. We are interested in different
experiences, therefore, we are looking to talk to people of all age-groups,
genders, and people with different roles in open-source projects. So even
whether you are a first-time contributor or a senior maintainer don’t
hesitate to contact us.

The interview itself will take no longer than 30 min and will be scheduled
using Microsoft Teams. We will record the interview and the recording and
transcript of the interview will be stored securely, and only made
available to the researchers that are involved in this project.
Additionally, we plan to use anonymized results of the interview in a
scientific publication.

Kind regards and thanks in advance,

--
Nicole Novielli, University of Bari,
Fernando Castor, Federal University of Pernambuco,