[neutron][requirements] RFE requested for neutron-lib

Slawek Kaplonski skaplons at redhat.com
Mon Mar 15 11:37:16 UTC 2021

Hi,

I'm raising this RFE to ask if we can release, and include new version of the
neutron-lib in the Wallaby release.
Neutron already migrated all our policy rules to use new personas like
system-reader or system-admin. Recently Lance found bug [1] with those new
personas.
Fix for that is now merged in neutron-lib [2].
This fix required bump the oslo_context dependency in lower-constraints and
that lead us to bump many other dependencies versions. But in fact all those
new versions are now aligned with what we already have in the Neutron's
requirements so in fact neutron-lib was tested with those new versions of the
packages every time it was run with Neutron master branch.

I already proposed release patch for neutron-lib [3].
Please let me know if I You need anything else regrarding this RFE.

[1] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1918506
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron-lib/+/780204
[3] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/780550

--