[manila] [FFE] Request for "Update cephfs drivers to use ceph-mgr" and "create share from snapshot support for CephFS"

Victoria Martínez de la Cruz victoria at vmartinezdelacruz.com
Thu Mar 11 21:00:22 UTC 2021

Hi,

I would like to ask for an FFE for the RFEs "Update cephfs drivers to use
ceph-mgr" [0] and "Create share from snapshot support for CephFS" [1]

Both RFEs are related.

The first one updates the cephfs drivers to use the ceph-mgr interface for
all manila operations. This change is required since the library currently
used is already deprecated and it is expected to be removed in the next
Ceph release.

The second one leverages the previous one and adds a new functionality
available through the ceph-mgr interface which is the create share from
snapshot support.

We have been working on both features for two cycles already and we could
use a few more days to finish the testing.

Looking forward to a positive response.

Thanks,

Victoria

[0] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/manila/+spec/update-cephfs-drivers