[ops][glance][security] looking for metadefs users

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Mar 11 18:12:12 UTC 2021

On 2021-03-11 09:46:47 -0800 (-0800), Dan Smith wrote:
[...]
> It might be good if we can amend the recommendation to explain the
> impact of disabling everything on Horizon, along with the recommendation
> to restrict creation to admin-only and audit. Not sure what the
> procedure is for that.

The recommendation is in a wiki article[1] (in the form of an OSSN
document), so can be freely edited. But if someone makes significant
updates to the recommendation then we should probably also send an
errata announcement to the openstack-announce and openstack-discuss
mailing lists detailing what's changed since initial publication.
The OSSN process[2] doesn't mandate any particular errata steps, but
we can use our own judgement to determine what may be additionally
worth announcing/updating for it.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OSSN/OSSN-0088
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Security/Security_Note_Process
--