[nova?] kvm/libvirt options

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Wed Mar 10 00:30:55 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2021-03-09 at 18:19 -0500, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
> Which kvm options can I specify to an instance when I create it? I am
> looking at https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/admin/configuration/hypervisor-kvm.html
> and it has a handful of CPU ones (based on
> https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/configuration/config.html#libvirt),
> making me think the rest is some kind of openstack default which is a
> subset of what I can specify using, say, virsh define.

you cannot file any of the directly.
opentack is not a virutalaition plathform its an infrasture as a service cloud plathform.
https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/contributor/project-scope.html
nova provide an abstraction layer over multile hyperviorus including libvirt via flavor
and flavor extra specs https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/user/flavors.html

as an opterator of openstack you are expect to know the low level details of your cloud but
as an end user you should not be abel to tell directly which hypervior is in use.
generally you can work it out by looking at the flavor and connecting to the instances but we do not
provide a way to directly maniulate the xml.