[election][horizon] PTL candidacy for Xena

vishal manchanda manchandavishal143 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 04:41:18 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

I would like to announce my candidacy for PTL of Horizon for Xena release.
I have been actively contributing to Horizon from stein release [1] and
become horizon
core reviewer in early train release. During these years, my focus was on
filing horizon
feature-gap [2], bug-fixing, and stabilizing horizon and its plugins.

I am very grateful to all the people that have mentored me and helped me
throughout
these years. As a PTL I will focus on the following areas:

* Migrate horizon & its plugins to the next LTS version of both Django and
Nodejs.

* Focus on specific set of features-gap instead of targeting all or many at
a time.
  For example, 'System Scope Support' is one of the highest priority we
should do in
  Xena cycle.

* Reduce the number of New/Open bugs which is high currently. Something we
can do
  weekly basis in rotation basis or together in meeting etc.

* Help new contributors to work on the horizon.

I am looking forward to working together with all of you on the Xena
release.

Thank you,
Vishal Manchanda(irc: vishalmanchanda)

[1]