[glance] Doc about swift as backend

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 14:31:58 UTC 2021

On 3/4/21 8:04 AM, Cristina Mayo Sarmiento wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Are there any specific documentation about how to configure Swift as
> backend of Glance service? I've found this:
> https://docs.openstack.org/glance/latest/configuration/configuring.html
> but I'm not sure what are the options I need. Firstly, I follow the
> installation guides of glance:
> https://docs.openstack.org/glance/latest/install/install-ubuntu.htmland
> I have now file as store but I'rather change it.

The only thing I'm aware of is the "configuring swift" section of that
doc you already found:
https://docs.openstack.org/glance/latest/configuration/configuring.html#configuring-the-swift-storage-backend

The first decision you have to make is whether to use single tenant (all
images stored in an account "owned" by glance) or multi-tenant (the data
for an image owned by tenant T is stored in T's account in swift).

There are pros and cons to each; you may want to add [ops] to your
subject and see if other operators can give you some advice.  They may
also know of some other helpful documentation.