[infra][qe][nova] Would it be possible to host a custom cirros image somewhere for the nova-next job?

Lee Yarwood lyarwood at redhat.com
Thu Mar 4 11:07:55 UTC 2021

On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 at 22:41, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

> On 2021-03-04 09:31:08 +1100 (+1100), Ian Wienand wrote:
> [...]
> > I'd personally prefer to build it in a job and publish it so that you
> > can see what's been done.
> [...]
>
> Sure, all things being equal I'd also prefer a transparent automated
> build with a periodic refresh, but that seems like something we can
> make incremental improvement on. Of course, you're a more active
> reviewer on DevStack than I am, so I'm happy to follow your lead if
> it's something you feel strongly about.

Agreed, if there's a need to build and cache another unreleased cirros
fix then I would be happy to look into automating the build somewhere
but for a one off I think this is just about acceptable.

FWIW nova-next is passing with the image below:

WIP: nova-next: Start testing the 'q35' machine type
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/708701

I'll clean that change up later today.

Thanks again,

Lee