[docs] Project guides in PDF format

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Mar 3 19:45:26 UTC 2021

On 2021-03-03 14:36:01 -0500 (-0500), Peter Matulis wrote:
> I understand that there was a push [1] to make PDFs available for download
> from the published pages on docs.openstack.org for the various guides
> (Sphinx projects). Is there any steam left in this initiative?
>
> The next best thing is to have something at the repository level that
> people can work with. Currently, there are a limited number of guides that
> can be converted to PDF from the openstack-manuals repository. What is the
> suggested implementation for individual projects?
>
> [1]: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/train-pdf-support-goal

I may be misunderstanding, but can you elaborate on what's missing
which you expected to find? There are, for example, PDFs like:

    https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/doc-nova.pdf

Is it that we're not building those for some projects yet which you
want added, or that there are other non-project-specific documents
which need similar treatment, or simply that we're not doing enough
to make the existence of the PDF versions discoverable?
--
Jeremy Stanley