[swift] Unable to get or create objects

Alistair Coles alistairncoles at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 10:15:53 UTC 2021

Cristina

You might like to join the #openstack-swift irc channel to get help (
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/IRC )

It sounds like you don't have an account server running, or it is running
but listening on a different port than configured in your account ring.

You can verify which swift services are running on your storage node using:
swift-init status main

and/or check which ports they are listening on using:
lsof -i tcp +c 15  (you're looking for lines similar to 'swift-account-s
4309 vagrant   17u  IPv4 3466818      0t0  TCP localhost:6012 (LISTEN)')

The host:port should match what is in the account ring, on your controller
node, which is shown using:
swift-ring-builder /etc/swift/account.builder

You can also try to make an http request from your controller node to the
account server using something like:
curl -I http://localhost:6012/recon/version
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2021 10:03:47 GMT

( in your case curl -I http://10.20.20.1:6202/recon/version )

If necessary start services using:
swift-init restart account

A similar diagnosis can be used if you have problems with connections to
container or object services.

Alistair