Input for ETSI Hardware Platform Capability Registry

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 12:16:14 UTC 2021

Hi OpenStack Community,

I’m reaching out to you about a call for action that I received from the ETSI NFV group[1].

The group is currently working on a Hardware Platform Capability Registry[2] which is designed to contain information about hardware capabilities that a cloud platform offers to Virtual Network Functions (VNFs). They will use the entries of the registry as part of VNF Descriptors (VNFD).

They are looking for information about hardware capabilities exposed through OpenStack in the following categories: CPU, memory, storage, network and logical node. They are looking for basic functions as well as information about accelerators.

You can find further information about the registry on their wiki page[2].

I’m looking for input to submit to the registry or feedback on the approach to help this work item at ETSI. Please reach out to me or reply to this thread if your project exposes any information about the underlying hardware, which should be added to the above registry. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó

[1] https://www.etsi.org/technologies/nfv
[2] https://nfvwiki.etsi.org/index.php?title=Hardware_Platform_Capability_Registry