[TripleO] Moving stable/rocky for *-tripleo-* repos to End of Life OK?

Marios Andreou marios at redhat.com
Mon Mar 1 09:46:44 UTC 2021

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 5:38 PM Marios Andreou <marios at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 4:40 PM Marios Andreou <marios at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> it's been ~ 2 months now since my initial mail about $subject [1] and
>> just under a month since my last bump on the thread [2] and I haven't heard
>> any objections so far.
>>
>> So I think it's now appropriate to move forward with [3] which tags the
>> latest commits to the stable/rocky branch of all tripleo-repos [4] as
>> 'rock-eol' (except archived things like instack/tripleo-ui).
>>
>> Once it merges we will no longer be able to land anything into
>> stable/rocky for all tripleo repos and the stable/rocky branch will be
>> deleted.
>>
>> So, last chance! If you object please go and -1 the patch at [3] and/or
>> reply here

(explicitly added some folks into cc for attention please)

Thanks to Elod, I just updated/posted v2 of the proposal at
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/774244

Harald, Slawek, Tom, o/ please check the comments at
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/774244/1/deliverables/rocky/tripleo-heat-templates.yaml#62
.

The question is - do you really need this on stable/rocky in and of itself,
or, rather because that branch is still active, and we needed it on the
previous, i.e. queens?

Basically sanity check again so there is no confusion later ;) do you folks
object to us declaring stable/rocky as EOL?

thank you!

regards, marios