[TRIPLEO] - ZUN Support in TripleO

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Tue Jun 29 13:45:45 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2021-06-29 at 15:52 +0530, Lokendra Rathour wrote:
> Hi Marios,
> Thank you for the information.
>
> With respect to the *second question*, please note:
> "is there any alternative to deploy containerize services in TripleO?"
>
> In our use case, in addition to having our workloads in VNFs, we also want
> to have containerized deployment of certain workloads on top of OpenStack.
> Zun service could give us that flexibility. Is there any reason that
> deployment of Zun with TripleO is not supported? And is there an
> alternative to Zun that the community is using in productions for deploying
> containerized workloads on top of OpenStack?

i think marios's resopnce missed that zun is the containers as a service project
which provide an alternitive to nova or ironci to provision compute resouces as containers
directly on the physical hosts. in ooo term deploying tenant contaienrs directly on the overcloud host
with docker or podman.

i dont think ooo currently supports this as it is not listed in https://opendev.org/openstack/tripleo-heat-templates/src/branch/master/deployment
so to answer your orginal questrion this does not appear to be currently supported.