[openstack] [DC-DC Setup] [Replication] Correct approach to a DC-DC setup for Openstack (victoria)

Swogat Pradhan swogatpradhan22 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 04:10:57 UTC 2021

Hi,
I am trying to setup a DC-DC setup in openstack victoria, I have 2 numbers
of all in one setup (controller, compute) with shared mysql and rabbitmq
cluster and am using ceph image replication and configuring cinder
replication on top of it.

So when the 1st node goes down then i will perform a 'cinder failover-host
node1'  and then do a nova-evacuate to failover to the 2nd DC setup and
once the node 1 comes up i will use cinder failback and live migration from
node2 to node1.

**i am facing some minor issues in this setup which I will ask once I know
this is the right approach to the DC-DC concept.

Can you please shed some light on this being the right approach or not and
if not then how can i improve it?

With regards
Swogat pradhan