[neutron] can floating IP port forwarding work when agent_mode is dvr or dvr_snat but on compute node?

Yi Yang (杨燚)-云服务集团 yangyi01 at inspur.com
Thu Jun 24 09:56:53 UTC 2021

Hi, folks

I’m working on https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1931953, per my check for neutron-specs/specs/rocky/port-forwarding.rst, it seems port forwarding function only can be done on network node, so I don’t think we need to do it on compute node, can anybody help confirm this?

Per my understanding, if a FIP is set port forwarding to two VMS across two compute node, physical switch has no way to know which compute node it should send to if destination IP is this FIP, right? But on centralized mode, this isn’t an issue.