[cinder] topics for wednesday's cinder meeting

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 19:48:43 UTC 2021

Hello Cinder Team,

There are two topics on the agenda for tomorrow that you may want to
look at in advance.

First, the specs deadline is Friday, so everyone should be looking at specs:

https://review.opendev.org/q/project:openstack%252Fcinder-specs+status:open

Second, Simon put a discussion of allowing `black` to be used as an
auto-linter on the agenda.  The question is whether this should be
allowed as an optional tool for developers.  There is an example patch
posted:
   https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cinder/+/792462
and here is some general info about black:

https://black.readthedocs.io/en/stable/the_black_code_style/current_style.html

The choice of a linter can be quite contentious, so the discussion will
be timeboxed so that we'll have sufficient time to talk about specs.  So
I thought I'd sent out notice in advance so that we'll be able to make
good use of meeting time.

cheers,
brian