[ops][nova][spice][victoria] Switch from VNC to SPICE

DHilsbos at performair.com DHilsbos at performair.com
Fri Jun 18 16:53:22 UTC 2021

All;

We have a Victoria cluster, and I'd like to switch from VNC to SPICE.  Cluster is installed with packages (RDO), and configured manually.

I have located https://docs.openstack.org/nova/victoria/admin/remote-console-access.html, but this doesn't tell me which services need to be installed on which servers.

Looking at packages, I'm fairly certain nova-spicehtml5proxy (openstack-nova-spicehtml5proxy on CentOS 8) needs to be installed where the nova-novncproxy is currently.

I also suspect that qemu-kvm-ui-spice needs to be installed on the nova-compute nodes.  Is spice-server needed on the nova-compute nodes?

Thank you,

Dominic L. Hilsbos, MBA
Vice President - Information Technology
Perform Air International Inc.