[dev] Mass patch filing for skipdist->skipsdist in tox.ini

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jun 17 17:28:40 UTC 2021

I just pushed changes for the master branches of 26 projects under
topic:tox-skipsdist to correct a frequent typographical error found
in many projects' tox.ini files, which seems to get copied around a
lot. I'm hoping by getting rid of the mistake everywhere we can
stamp out future cargo-cult copies.

The skipsdist option is set by many projects to avoid unilaterally
building an sdist of the local tree every time tox is invoked, which
can sometimes be quite time-consuming. Unfortunately it's all too
easy to miss that 's' in the middle of the option name, and since
tox ignores options it doesn't recognize, this ends up not having
the intended effect.

If you would rather keep the current behavior in your project, feel
free to amend the change to one which removes the invalid "skipdist"
line from your tox.ini instead. If you want to backport this to your
stable branches, you can do that as well (it may even save some
seconds on average tox-based job runtime); my main concern was more
for people copying the mistake around, and it's far more likely
they'll be copying from master branches so I didn't bother proposing
any backports.
--
Jeremy Stanley