AW: AW: AW: Customization of nova-scheduler

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 20:26:16 UTC 2021

On 6/16/21 11:22, levonmelikbekjan at yahoo.de wrote:
> I would like to explain you that, but now I am facing another issue. The
> quota info message appeared „Quota exceeded for cores: Requested 4, but
> already used 59 of 60 cores“.
>
> In my version Train is a path called
> /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/nova/openstack with a file called
> wsgi.py. To be more precise it is the __exit__ function in the
> ResourceExceptionHandler, which outputs this information message.
>
> My question is, where does this function get the information from that
> the limit of the VCPUs and possibly other resources has been exceeded? I
> mean the scheduler doesn’t even run. I can’t get it until now. Maybe I
> need to manipulate the nova-api rather then manipulating the
> nova-scheduler.

I assume you mean you get this message when you try to create a server?
The quota check first occurs in nova-api and it uses the --flavor
requested to determine the requested cores and ram, then it counts
non-deleted instances in the database's flavors cores and ram for the
project and compares the totals against the quota limit set in the
/os-quota-sets API [1] and if one hasn't been set there it uses the
config option values under [quota] in nova.conf.

Hope that helps,
-melwitt

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/api-ref/compute/#show-a-quota