Wallaby install via kayobe onto ubuntu 20 all in one host

Tony Pearce tonyppe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 11:19:34 UTC 2021

I'm trying to run "kayobe overcloud host configure" against an ubuntu 20
machine to deploy Wallaby. I'm getting an error that python is not found
during the host configure part.

PLAY [Verify that the Kayobe Ansible user account is accessible]
TASK [Verify that a command can be executed]

fatal: [juc-ucsb-5-p]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "module_stderr":
"/bin/sh: 1: /usr/libexec/platform-python: not found\n", "module_stdout":
"", "msg": "The module failed to execute correctly, you probably need to
set the interpreter.\nSee stdout/stderr for the exact error", "rc": 127}

Python3 is installed on the host. When searching where this platform-python
is coming from it returns the kolla-ansible virtual envs:

$ grep -rni -e "platform-python"
venvs/kolla-ansible/lib/python3.8/site-packages/ansible/config/base.yml:1450:
    '8': /usr/libexec/platform-python
venvs/kolla-ansible/lib/python3.8/site-packages/ansible/config/base.yml:1470:
- /usr/libexec/platform-python

I had a look through the deployment guide for Kayobe Wallaby and didnt see
a note about changing this.

Do I need to do further steps to support the ubuntu overcloud host? I have
already set (as per the doc):

os_distribution: ubuntu
os_release: focal

Regards,