[tripleo] Changing TripleO's release model

Marios Andreou marios at redhat.com
Wed Jun 9 09:02:13 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, June 9, 2021, Dan Sneddon <dsneddon at redhat.com> wrote:

> Thanks for making the announcement. Can you clarify how the feature-freeze
> dates will be communicated to the greater community of contributors?

if you mean tripleo contributors then in the usual manner i.e. this mailing
list, the IRC meeting etc

if you mean the other openstack projects then that hasnt really ever
applied since tripleo always has trailed the openstack release.

the main thing this buys us is the ability to skip creating a particular
branch (assuming we go ahead... for example not creating stable/Y when that
time comes) or creating it *much* later than the trailing release model
allows us which is 6 months if i recall correctly. In which case again
feature freeze wouldnt apply since that stable branch would already have
been created by the openstack projects

regards , marios

--
_sent from my mobile - sorry for spacing spelling etc_