Missing dependency on librte_xxxx when installing openstack-nova-scheduler

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Tue Jun 8 13:39:40 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2021-06-08 at 10:41 +0200, Pierre Riteau wrote:
> RDO packages for Ussuri and Victoria are available CentOS 8 [1] and
> CentOS Stream 8 [2].
>
> [1] http://mirror.centos.org/centos/8/cloud/x86_64/
> [2] http://mirror.centos.org/centos/8-stream/cloud/x86_64/
>
> On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 at 02:24, Pete Zhang <peiyong.zhang at salesforce.com> wrote:
> >
> > Matthias,
> >
> > These steps, "install python-nova", "install openstack-nova-scheduler" need python-openvswitch-2.11 which in turn looking for libopenvswitch which is provided by openvswitch-1:2.12.0-1.el7.x86_64.rpm. And I have this copy installed on my local repo.
ya so openstack-nova-scheduler does not required python-openvswitch-2.11

os-vif required python-openvswitch for the python bidnigns but os-vif is not needed by the scheduler.
and even then the python binding do not need librte_*

librte_* is an optional depency of openvswitch. redhat choose to build in dpdk supprot into the ovs-vswitchd binday rahter then shiping a seperate
package but openvswitch shoudl not be a mandatory install requirement of any nova rpm. nor should librte_* espically the contoler services.