Re: [neutron][all] Functional/tempest/rally jobs not running on changes

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Fri Jun 4 22:39:22 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jun 4, 2021, at 2:38 PM, Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
>  ---- On Fri, 04 Jun 2021 16:31:36 -0500 Brian Haley
> <haleyb.dev at gmail.com> wrote ----
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > This might be affecting more than Neutron so I added the [all] tag,
> and
>  > is maybe being discussed in one of the #opendev channels and I
> missed it
>  > (?), but looking at a recent patch recheck shows a number of jobs
> not
>  > being run, for example [0] has just 11 jobs instead of 25 in the
>  > previous run.
>  >
>  > So for now I would not approve any changes since they could merge
>  > accidentally with broken code.
>  >
>  > I pinged gmann and he thought [1] might have caused this, and it
> just
>  > merged... so perhaps a quick revert is in order.
>
> yeah, that is only patch in devstack side we merged.I have not clue why
> 791541
> is causing the issue for check pipleline on master. gate pipeline is
> all fine and
> all the jobs are running there. Anyways I proposed the revert for now
> and meanwhile
> we can debug what went wrong with 'pragma'.

Reading the docs [2] I think you need to include the current branch too. That pragma doesn't appear to be additive and instead defines the complete list. This means you not only need the feature/r1 branch but also master.

[2] https://zuul-ci.org/docs/zuul/reference/pragma_def.html#attr-pragma.implied-branches