[wallaby][neutron][ovn] MTU in Neutron for Production

Malik Obaid malikobaidadil at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 09:20:31 UTC 2021

Hi,

I am using Openstack Wallaby release on Ubuntu 20.04.

I am configuring openstack neutron for production. While setting mtu I am a
bit confused between the 2 use cases.

*Case 1* External (public) network mtu 1500 self service (tenent) network
geneve mtu 9000 VLAN external network mtu 1500

*Case 2* External (public) network mtu 9000 self service (tenent) network
geneve mtu 9000 VLAN external network mtu 9000

I just want to know which case would be better for production.

I would really appreciate any input in this regard.

Thank you.

Regards,
Malik Obaid