[all] CRITICAL: Upcoming changes to the OpenStack Community IRC this weekend

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Thu Jun 3 22:39:23 UTC 2021

 ---- On Mon, 31 May 2021 09:06:11 -0500 Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote ----
 > Hello Everyone,
 >
 > Updates:
 >
 > As you might have seen in the Fungi email reply on service-discuss ML, all the bot and logging migration is complete now.
 >
 > * Now onwards every discussion or meeting now needs to be done on OFTC, not on Freenode. As you can see many projects PTL started sending email on their next meeting on OFTC, please do if you have not done yet.
 >
 > * I have started a new etherpad for tracking all the migration tasks (all action items we collected from Wed TC meeting.). Please plan the work needed from the project team side and mark the progress.
 >
 > - https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/openstack-irc-migration-to-oftc

Hello Everyone,

There were two question in openstack-tc this morning which we discussed in today TC meeting and agreed on below points:

1. Backporting OFTC reference changes

* Agreed to backport the changes as much as possible.
* On keeping doc/source/contributor/contributing.rst on stable branches:
** We do not need to maintain this on stable as such, because master version of it can be referred from doc or top level CONTRIBUTING.rst
** Fungi will add the global redirect link to master/latest version in openstack-manual. Project does not need to do this explicitly.
** Project can remove doc/source/contributor/contributing.rst from stable branch as per their convenience

2. Topic change on Freenode channel
* We decided to do this on June 11th and until then continue redirecting people from old channel to OFTC.

-gmann