[rhos-dev] [TripleO] tripleo repos going Extended Maintenance stable/train OK? (not yet IMO)

Jesse Pretorius jpretori at redhat.com
Thu Jun 3 13:02:57 UTC 2021

> On 3 Jun 2021, at 13:57, Marios Andreou <marios at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> as discussed at [1] the train branch across all tripleo repos will be
> moving to extended maintenance at the end of this week. Before we make
> the train-em tag I have pushed one last release on train with [2] and
> rebased [1] onto that.
>
> As discussed in [1] train is still an active branch for tripleo and we
> can and will continue to merge fixes there. It just means that we will
> no longer be making tagged releases for train branches.
>
> If you have any questions or concerns about any of this please reach out,

I think this would be problematic for us. We’re still actively submitting changes to stable/train for tripleo and will likely be for some time.

I don’t know what the effect is to us downstream for not being able to tag upstream. I think the RDO folks (who do the packaging) would need to respond to that for us to make a suitable final call.