[TripleO] tripleo repos going Extended Maintenance stable/train OK? (not yet IMO)

Marios Andreou marios at redhat.com
Thu Jun 3 14:51:09 UTC 2021

On Thursday, June 3, 2021, Jesse Pretorius <jpretori at redhat.com> wrote:

> > On 3 Jun 2021, at 13:57, Marios Andreou <marios at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > as discussed at [1] the train branch across all tripleo repos will be
> > moving to extended maintenance at the end of this week. Before we make
> > the train-em tag I have pushed one last release on train with [2] and
> > rebased [1] onto that.
> >
> > As discussed in [1] train is still an active branch for tripleo and we
> > can and will continue to merge fixes there. It just means that we will
> > no longer be making tagged releases for train branches.
> >
> > If you have any questions or concerns about any of this please reach out,
>
> I think this would be problematic for us. We’re still actively submitting
> changes to stable/train for tripleo and will likely be for some time.

yes agree but this does not stop us from continuing to merge whatever we
need across train tripleo repos. It only affects tagged releases.

> I don’t know what the effect is to us downstream for not being able to tag
> upstream. I think the RDO folks (who do the packaging) would need to
> respond to that for us to make a suitable final call.

As far as I know there is no direct correlation between upstream git repo
tags and downstream packaging. I believe the import point used is a
particular commit hash for a given repo. I'll reach out to rhos delivery
folks and point at this email though to confirm.

If there is a problem I am not sure how we can resolve it as it sounds like
this is a mandatory move for us per the discussion at
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/790778/2#message-e8ee1f6febb4780ccbb703bf378bcfc08776a49a

But let's see what packaging folks think thanks for the suggestion

regards, marios

--
_sent from my mobile - sorry for spacing spelling etc_