[cinder][qa][devstack][ci] need help running centos-8/opensuse-15 on stable/victoria

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Jul 30 16:40:37 UTC 2021

 ---- On Fri, 30 Jul 2021 07:49:04 -0500 Brian Rosmaita <rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com> wrote ----
 > Does anyone have any zuul jobs running in stable/victoria that use
 > either of these nodesets:
 > - devstack-single-node-centos-8
 > - devstack-single-node-opensuse-15
 >
 > I can't get devstack to complete building on either (missing package,
 > though different for each distro).  I figure that someone in openstack
 > must have this working, given that Python 3.6 and Centos-8 and
 > OpenSUSE-15 are listed in the Tested Runtimes for Victoria [0].
 >
 > Here's the failing patch if anyone would be kind enough to point out
 > what I'm mis-configuring:
 >
 > https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/python-cinderclient/+/800635/

It seems both are failing in devstack gate too.

in centos8 job i see failure it 'Package 'python3-libvirt' not found.' which is added in
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/devstack/+/801435 but if you before
this patch also this job was failing so it is not know what are all error it has.

Yes, it is in our testing runtime and we should fix these. If anyone can spend time to
check all the issues and make it green, we can merge them quickly.

- https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/878a9f0e2ef8409391c8c7b7aabf419f/log/job-output.txt#8798
- https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/9500d29805544acd82bd67e253fda6eb/log/job-output.txt#3263

-gmann