[telemetry][stable] periodic-stable errors

Előd Illés elod.illes at est.tech
Fri Jul 30 15:12:40 UTC 2021

Hi Telemetry Team,

In the last couple of months the periodic-stable job errors (and thus
the mails on openstack-stable-maint mailing list [1], where mails are
sent from every failing jobs) increased significantly. I've talked with
the infra team as the mail traffic is quite visible for them as well.

I've collected the recent failures with examples that are failing
constantly. Please take a look at them and try to fix them wherever it
is possible.
Since the old branches seem quite abandoned in some cases, they might
need maintainers to step up to keep those gates healthy, or in case
there are no maintainers, then it might worth to think of transitioning
those broken old branches to End of Life. :/

And the list (with possible root causes):

* tenacity should be constrained for py27:
     ceilometer: pike - openstack-tox-py27 --
https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/4bcb7e71d507465ea799cd289e6cc920
     ceilometer: queens - openstack-tox-py27 --
https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/583d52b6096745ddbb18da23cf79fa75
     ceilometer: rocky - openstack-tox-py27 --
https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/03279061fddd4d14819c04feda3a1806
* kombu version should be constrained for py27:
     ceilometer: stein - openstack-tox-py27 --
https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/219139b1814b4fd591ee7dc199f2e3da

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-stable-maint/2021-July/thread.html

Thanks,