oVirt(KVM) Multiple Disk images ( lvm and vhdx disks) question

KK CHN kkchn.in at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 05:55:52 UTC 2021

Members,

We have  a set of  VMs  running in  KVM environment.
Both Windows and Linux OS VMs with separate data storage disks attached to
it.

We are planning to  migrate/populate all  these VMs to Our New OpenStack
setup  using  Ussuri version with KVM virtualizer and glance storage.

The current service provider  provides three image files for each VMs in
question.

Both for Linux ( CentOS and Redhat)   and WIndows machines they are
providing us    three disk images  for each VM

1.  one for OS image
2. second for boot
3.  third for  attached disk for data volumes

The third comes as LVMs (Linux) and Vhdx (Windows)image files.

*Is there a way to combine all three  files from our vendor* as a single
qcow2 image/or any other supported format in openstack  so that we can
directly populate a VM in  our Open Stack setup ( ussuri, glance with KVM)
using horizon dashboard.

Is thi is possible?   If not whats the best way to  do this  if you  were
me.

kindly share your expertise and thoughts for a solution.

Thanks
Kris