[neutron][ops] VLAN Provider Network

DHilsbos at performair.com DHilsbos at performair.com
Mon Jul 26 21:30:59 UTC 2021

All;

We're using OpenStack Victoria, with OVS networking (no OVN).  I'm having some problems with a VLAN provider network that I added to my OpenStack.  I have other VLAN provider networks, that I based this one off of.

Instances are getting the tap interfaces, but these interfaces are not getting IP addresses, and when a static IP is given, they can't ping either the DHCP address or the gateway address.

I have checked the switch configuration, to verify the VLAN is bound appropriately.  I rebooted the whole cluster to ensure the configuration change applied.

Here's a snip our plugin.ini
[ml2_type_vlan]
network_vlan_ranges = provider_core:55:55,provider_core:64:64,...

64 works, 55, doesn't.

I'm not seeing anything concerning in /var/log/openvswitch/ovs-vswitchd.log

I'm sure it's something dumb, but I'm not seeing it.

Any suggestions for what else to look at?

Thank you,

Dominic L. Hilsbos, MBA
Vice President - Information Technology
Perform Air International Inc.