[all][neutron][qa] Gate status: tempest-full-py3, tempest-slow-py3 or few more jobs are broken: "Donot recheck"

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 23:30:25 UTC 2021

Hi,

I checked the recent neutron log and found the same error in
neutron-ovn-tempest-slow job in the check queue [1] of a neutron
change merged a couple of hours ago [0].
I don't see such errors in other changes merged recently (801068 and 801076).
779310 is a child commit of 776701, so it hit the same error, but
these are not directly related.
I believe reverting
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron/+/776701 will fix the
issue.
I will update https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron/+/801478.

The reason this issue happened is a configuration mismatch between
tempest-slow/full used globally (in most projects) and
tempest-slow/full used in neutron gate.
The neutron gate has two types of the tempest-slow jobs:
neutron-ovs-tempest-slow and neutron-ovn-tempest-slow.
The former is voting but the latter is non-voting.
tempest-slow used globally is same as the latter
(neutron-ovn-tempest-slow) from the point of view of devstack
configuration.
This is the reason the neutron gate could not detect it before merging
the commit which triggered the error.

[0] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron/+/776701
[1] https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/5344d9bdec9346738499114c10a81aff/log/controller/logs/screen-q-svc.txt#1993

Thanks,