openstack-nova-consoleauth/scheduler failed to start up

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Mon Jul 19 11:21:40 UTC 2021

On Fri, 2021-07-16 at 13:25 -0700, Pete Zhang wrote:
> The puppet modules did deploy mysql but we need to manually "yum install
> galera" and add nodes after that.
> so now mysql is up and running, galera is installed. However running
> 'mysql' hits this Access denied error.

just an fyi the nova console auth service was deprecated in stien
https://github.com/openstack/nova/commit/f18ae13e366a57ce41840ecb4e323d0e4ffd0a5e
so in train you do not need to deploy it and you should not deploy it in new installs
its removed ussuri upstream and in ooo/downstream we removed it in train.

so at least for the console auth service should should simpley ignore the error and not deploy it.

for the schduler that obviosly required.
it sounds like the user permisison are not correct in mysql the host/ip/domain name you use to connect to the
db is imporant you can allow root login on 127.0.0.1 for example which will only work on that adresss
and will reject localhost or the host ip.

im not famialr with pupet or how the moduels deploy openstack but i would suspect that the user that were
created are using a different ip then the one you have put in the nova.conf