[all] Request to fix the warning to reduce the log size

Balazs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at est.tech
Thu Jul 15 05:18:44 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 15:47, Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com>
wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> As you might have noticed the discussion in infra channel, log size
> are increasing a lot
> and one of the main reasons is warnings (especially repeatedly
> warnings). Few of them are
> from oslo policy on new policy and DeprecdatedRule. However, those
> are not the only warnings,
> there are lot from other lib also.
>
> Before we start facing more issues in logging system and indexing, we
> would request all the project
> team to start looking at the logs and fix the warnings as much as
> possible.

The sqlAlchemy 1.4 version bump introduced a lot of repeated warning.
It is fixed in oslo.db 10.0.0 but to be able to bump the global
requirements[1] to that version first we need to fix Keystone[2].

Cheers,
gibi

[1]https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/requirements/+/799054
[2]https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:%22oslo.db-10.0.0%22+(status:open%20OR%20status:merged)