[Kolla] [Kayobe] Is Kayobe release dependent on Kolla-Ansible Release

Pierre Riteau pierre at stackhpc.com
Tue Jul 13 10:50:41 UTC 2021

Hello Anirudh,

Bare metal compute nodes are indeed controlled by the Ironic service
deployed inside OpenStack, rather than by Kayobe and its seed services,
which are used for the control plane and virtualized compute nodes. Kayobe
offers commands for managing the bare metal nodes, but the actual work is
being done by the Ironic service:
https://docs.openstack.org/kayobe/latest/administration/bare-metal.html

The `openstack baremetal` commands can also be used to interact with
Ironic, which will manage the lifecycle of the bare metal nodes. For more
information you should read the Ironic documentation at
https://docs.openstack.org/ironic/latest/

Best wishes,
Pierre Riteau