[ci] zuul nodes

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Wed Jul 14 19:16:12 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021, at 11:46 AM, Adrian D. Popescu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a comprehensive listing of the nodes available for use in Zuul
> CI? I looked through the listing here:
> https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/nodes not sure if that list is
> complete?

This is a list of the nodes currently running in the system. The nodes provided by Nodepool to Zuul are all single use test instances so at any given time you may have different subsets of the whole showing up here. https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/labels shows the node labels that Nodepool is able to provide to Zuul and that list is complete.

> More specifically I'm trying to find out if any s390x nodes exist. Signs
> point to no, but I'm just trying to be sure.

We do not have any s390x test nodes. Only amd64 and arm64 are currently available.

https://docs.opendev.org/opendev/system-config/latest/contribute-cloud.html is our document on contributing cloud resources that can be used to run test nodes. When adding a new architecture there are a few additional steps required like updating our distro mirrors to include packages for the arch, deploying a nodepool-builder instance on that arch, and ensuring that diskimage-builder can build images for that architecture.

Feel free to reach out to the OpenDev team (the team that runs the Zuul instance) on OFTC in #opendev or at service-discuss at lists.opendev.org if you'd like to know more or want to contribute resources.