placement service issue (placement-status upgrade check failure)

Jay See jayachander.it at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 17:00:17 UTC 2021

Hi Balazs,

Thanks for the information. But Ubuntu apt-cache is not getting the
newer version on Ubuntu 20.4.2. Should I manually install the package? If
yes, can someone share the path to get the image. or any other way to get
the image other than compiling the source files?

Thanks,
Jay

$  apt-cache policy placement-api

placement-api:

  Installed: 1:5.0.0-0ubuntu1~cloud0

  Candidate: 1:5.0.0-0ubuntu1~cloud0

  Version table:

 *** 1:5.0.0-0ubuntu1~cloud0 500

        500 http://ubuntu-cloud.archive.canonical.com/ubuntu
focal-updates/wallaby/main amd64 Packages

        500 http://ubuntu-cloud.archive.canonical.com/ubuntu
focal-updates/wallaby/main i386 Packages

        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

     3.0.0-0ubuntu0.20.04.1 500

        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates/main amd64
Packages

        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates/main i386
Packages

     3.0.0~b3~git2020041014.0f90d197-0ubuntu1 500

        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/main amd64 Packages

        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/main i386 Packages

--
​