[all][tc] What's happening in Technical Committee: summary 9th July, 21: Reading: 5 min

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Jul 9 15:28:02 UTC 2021

Hello Everyone,

Here is last week's summary of the Technical Committee activities.

1. What we completed this week:
=========================
* Y release naming process is completed and announced the name 'Yoga' on ML[1]
* Added Ceph Dashboard charm to OpenStack charms [2]
* Documentation updates to add DPL model also in 'Appointing leaders' process [3]
* Charter change to handle the vacant seat situation during the election or in between of cycle [4].

2. TC Meetings:
============
* TC held this week meeting on Thursday; you can find the full meeting logs in the below link:
- https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/tc/2021/tc.2021-07-08-15.00.log.html

* We will have next week's meeting on July 15th, Thursday 15:00 UTC[5].

3. Activities In progress:
==================
TC Tracker for Xena cycle
------------------------------
TC is using the etherpad[6] for Xena cycle working item. We will be checking and updating
the status biweekly in the same etherpad.

Open Reviews
-----------------
* Seven open reviews for ongoing activities[7].

ELK services next plan and help status
* We discussed this in the TC meeting, below is the summary:
** Help status: as of now, there are no volunteers to help.
** We defined the deadline of service shutdown if there is no help. Agreed Deadline is Yoga cycle end. Clark will update it on ML.
** We also discussed reducing the size of the existing system, and there were multiple ways. Clark will get more data on this
and we will continue discussing the same in the next TC meeting on 15th July.

Migration from Freenode to OFTC
* I started updating the remaining project side wiki/doc page, please review those.
** https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:%2522oftc%2522+status:open

* During that I am also updating the retired/deprecated repo README.rst and many of deprecated repo
need project-config update to remove the release job run from the master gate.

* Retired repo does not need any action from the project team as TC has the ACL right and will take care of patch merge.

* All the required work for this migration is tracked in this etherpad[8]

Test support for TLS default:
----------------------------------
* Rico has started a separate email thread over testing with tls-proxy enabled[9], we encourage projects
to participate in that testing and help to enable the tls-proxy in gate testing.

Project updates:
-------------------
* Retiring js-openstack-lib  [10].
* Create repo for Hashicorp Vault deployment [11]
* Deprecate os-panko role [12]

Yoga release community-wide goal
* Please add the possible candidates in this etherpad [13].
* Current status: One goal "Secure RBAC" is proposed [14].

Other Changes
------------------
* Defining Yoga release testing runtime15]

4. How to contact the TC:
====================
If you would like to discuss or give feedback to TC, you can reach out to us in multiple ways:

1. Email: you can send the email with tag [tc] on openstack-discuss ML[16].
2. Weekly meeting: The Technical Committee conduct a weekly meeting every Thursday 15 UTC [17]
3. Office hours: The Technical Committee offers a weekly office hour every Tuesday at 0100 UTC [18]
4. Ping us using 'tc-members' nickname on #openstack-tc IRC channel.

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2021-July/023512.html
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/797913
[3] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/797985
[4] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/797912