[cinder] I have a question about openstack cinder zonemanager driver

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Jul 8 21:46:42 UTC 2021

On Thu, Jul 08, 2021 at 03:36:24PM +0700, aaaa bbbb wrote:
>  I am using Brocade FC switch in my OpenStack environment. I have a
> question about OpenStack cinder zonemanger driver.
>
> I find that [fc-zone-manager] can only configure one zone driver. If I want
> to use two FC switches from different vendors at the same time.
>
> One is Brocade FC switch, the other one is Cisco FC switch. Is there a
> method or solution configure two FC switch zone driver in one cinder.conf ?
>
> I want them both to support Zone Manager.

Unfortunately that is not possible. You are correct that only one zone driver
can be configured.

There isn't a lot of attention to the zone manager code these days - though FC
just won't die! :) - but if you are motivated enough, you could try
implementing multi-driver support.

https://opendev.org/openstack/cinder/src/branch/master/cinder/zonemanager

I don't know if this would help, or make it worse, but here is the change that
added multibackend support for volume drivers:

https://opendev.org/openstack/cinder/commit/6c708d12f58eb20fce6733f1f6fd08d978570775

Sean