[all][tc] OpenStack next release name is final- "OpenStack Yoga"

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jul 8 00:30:26 UTC 2021

On 2021-07-08 00:42:07 +0100 (+0100), Sean Mooney wrote:
[...]
> were all 4 of the the proceeding items in the vode eliminated by
> trademark checks?
[...]

I don't know how much transparency we get from the trademark lawyers
on their recommendations, but remember the risk is not binary. Every
option carries at least some amount of risk, and no option is
completely guaranteed to get us sued either. The folks evaluating
these look at a number of factors to come up with a determination of
which choices are reasonably safe, but trying to argue for a
particular one ultimately means asking how much risk we're
comfortable taking on for that name, rather than which name fits our
comfort level.
--
Jeremy Stanley