[all][tc] OpenStack next release name is final- "OpenStack Yoga"

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Wed Jul 7 18:57:39 UTC 2021

Hello Everyone,

We have the final name selected for the OpenStack next release name. Its "OpenStack Yoga".

As per the release name criteria[1], selection of release name is gone through three steps:

Step1: Name nomination from community members[2].

Step2: TC voted on the nominated names[3].

Step3: Trademark checks by Foundation on winners from TC votes.
In trademark check, “Yoga” is finalized as the best bet for this release.

Thanks community members to participating in name nomination, TC to vote and Foundation for performing the
trademark checks.

"Yoga" is now good signal to extend our exercise and be more fit in Yoga cycle :)

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/release-naming.html#release-name-criteria
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Release_Naming/Y_Proposals
[3] https://civs1.civs.us/cgi-bin/results.pl?id=E_f065453ffd2537cb

-gmann