[victoria][barbican] - UI installation

Luke Camilleri luke.camilleri at zylacomputing.com
Fri Jul 2 16:52:31 UTC 2021

Hi there, I have an openstack deployment installed as a
bare-metal/manual installation and would like to install the Barbican
UI. Barbican is already installed and running. In my case Horizon is
already installed so I guess if I follow these steps
https://github.com/openstack/barbican-ui#manual-installation I would not
need to clone the horizon part and also my installation already contains
the local_settings.py file with all the required settings mentioned.

At this point when moving into the "Install Barbican UI with all
dependencies in your virtual environment" step I do not have the tools
folder so I cannot really proceed with the pip install (missing virtual
environment )and copying the
barbican-ui/barbican_ui/enabled/_90_project_barbican_panelgroup.py and
barbican-ui/barbican_ui/enabled/_91_project_barbican_secrets_panel.py to
the /usr/share/openstack-dashboard/openstack_dashboard/local/enabled
obviously fails

A similar issue is reported here
https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2008259

Thanks in advance