[kayobe][kolla-ansible][victoria]

Mark Goddard mark at stackhpc.com
Thu Jul 1 08:26:31 UTC 2021

On Thu, 1 Jul 2021 at 09:00, Tony Pearce <tonyppe at gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I configure the glance container to use a host-mounted NFS share? It is not covered in the kolla-ansible documentation [1]. What it does say is to set the file path using "glance_file_datadir_volume". I believe that this is relative to the container (not the host).

It's relative to the host, used in the host part of a bind mount for
the glance-api container.

> Do I need to mount the local host (nfs) directory as a docker volume for glance as additional step? If so, how do I achieve this with kayobe / kolla-ansible?

Yes. You could use a kayobe custom playbook
https://docs.openstack.org/kayobe/latest/custom-ansible-playbooks.html

> Some background:
> After a successful deployment of 3 controller nodes I have one glance service which is dependent on one of these controller nodes being available always. My intent is to provide a NFS share for glance that removes the dependency.

The most common approach is to use Ceph for glance & cinder, but this
adds significant complexity. NFS is probably a reasonable second best.