[all] Eventlet broken again with SSL, this time under Python 3.9

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sat Jan 30 10:42:16 UTC 2021

On 1/30/21 10:47 AM, Dmitriy Rabotyagov wrote:
> In the meanwhile we see that most of the services fail to interact with rabbitmq over self-signed SSL in case RDO packages are used even with Python 3.6.
> We don't see this happening when installing things with pip packages though. Both rdo and pip version of eventlet we used was 0.30.0.
>
> RDO started failing for us several days back with:
> ssl.SSLError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:897)
>
> Not sure, maybe it's not related directly to eventlet, but sounds like it might be.

Does RDO has version 5.0.3 of AMQP and version 5.0.2 of Kombu? That's
what I had to do in Debian to pass this stage.

Though the next issue is what I wrote, when a service tries to validate
a keystone token (ie: keystoneauth1 calls requests that calls urllib3,
which in turns calls Python 3.9 SSL, and then crash with maximum
recursion depth exceeded). I'm no 100% sure the problem is in Eventlet,
but it really looks like it, as it's similar to another SSL crash we had
in Python 3.7.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)